From the left side options column navigate to Date Sources > Bulk Sources > File.
On the File Data Sources window click on the Create Bulk File button.
On the New File Data Source window click on the Text File.
This will open the Text File Data Source window.
- Enter a Description for the data source.
Column Separator – choose the type of column separator from the drop down list. The options are:
- CSV Delimited
- Tab Delimited
- Pipe Delimited
- Customer Delimited – selecting this option will activate the adjoining text field where the user can enter a column separator other than CSV, Tab, or Pipe.
- Character Set – the two options are ANSI or OEM.
- Has Column Headers – mark this checkbox if the source file has column headers.
- Select file at runtime – when this checkbox is marked, the uploaded file will be used as a template to define the column headers and no data from it will be processed.
- Source File – select the text file that will be used as the data source.
Source Schema – if the source file does not have column headers they can be defined here by clicking on Add Column.
- Row No – automatically populated.
- Column Name – user enters the name of the added column here.
- Type – user defines the data type by selecting one of the dropdown list options.
Length – user defines the length of the field.
- Once all the fields have been populated, the Save button becomes active.
- Clicking on Save will save the data source and make the data source available to be selected when creating an Integration Process.
- After the Text File source has been saved, the Preview button will become active.
- Click on the Preview button will open a pop-up window that displays the first few records contained in the spreadsheet.