- On the left side options column click Connections.
On the Connections page click on Create Connection button.
On the New Connection page, click on the Dynamics 365 Sales icon.
- The page to configure the Dynamics 365 Sales connection opens.
- Description – Enter a description of the connection.
- Server Address – Enter the Dynamics 365 server address. This may be a web domain or an IP address. Exclude the prefixes ‘http://’ or ‘https://’ and mark the Use SSL checkbox option instead.
- Username and Password – enter the credentials used to log in to the Dynamics 365 site
- Domain – This field is no longer required for Dynamics 365.
- After the above fields are populated, click Validate. This will validate the connection to Dynamics 365 and also populate the Organization field with the orgs that are available for this connection.
- Select the Organization to be used.
- Use SSL – mark this checkbox if SSL encryption will be used for this connection.
- Allow Meta Updates – mark this checkbox if users are allowed to update meta data information within CRM.
- Allow SmartConnect to manage Change Tables – mark this checkbox if SmartConnect is to manage the creation of CRM change tables and change transactions.
- Allow Advanced Messages – mark this checkbox if users are allowed to use the advanced messaging for CRM within SmartConnect.
- Save the connection.