- On the left side options column click Connections.
On the Connections page click on Create Connection button.
On the New Connection page click on the FTP Server icon.
The FTP Server page opens where the FTP Server connection is configured.
- Enter a Description of the server configuration.
- Enter the Host Name.
The Server Type drop down list has two options:
- Select FTP (no encryption) if SSL will not be used with this connection.
- Select FTPS (SSL encryption) if SSL will be used with this connection.
- The default Port number is 21.
- To use a different Port number, unmark the Use Default checkbox and enter the Port number that will be used for this connection in the Port field.
From the Data Connection Type drop down list, select the Type that will be used.
The Data Connection Types that are available are:
- Auto Active
- Auto Passive
- Enter the User Name and Password of the FTP Server.
- Click Validate to test the connection to the FTP Server.
- Once the connection has been validated, Save the connection.